Five ways public relations can help your business.
- Improve your image. You can become more visible and more accessible to people who buy from you.
- Attract new customers. You can attract new customers through social media, trade shows, media relations, etc.
- Stay in the news. By making connections or sharing information with the media, you are positioned as a subject matter expert (voice of authority, industry spokesperson).
- Get the message out. You can share information with the right people to get the word out about your company.
- Improve sales. You can improve sales by making connections or sharing information with the media.
All have a common denominator in that they all help you get closer to your customers and help your potential customers find you.
Building Your Brand’s Image
Your company’s image is the mental picture that buyers have of your business. Buyers may also know information about your products and services, but are unaware if there is market availability, support, or anything about the company.
Therefore, building a positive image for you and your products/services helps to inform and educate customers. When buyers feel good about doing business with you, you are more likely to be at the top of their list when a buying decision is imminent.
For example, if you are a partner specialising in M&A law, you want people to come and find you when they are in the market to find someone with your skills. Public Relations can help your business by improving your image, so you are more visible and accessible to the people who seek your expertise.
Public relations can help you build relationships with customers, vendors, employees, communities, regulatory agencies, shareholders, or other stakeholders by shaping their opinions about you or your products/services.
Build and Maintain Customer Relationships Through PR
PR can gain visibility within your industry or business sector. This helps you increase awareness among potential clients of who you are and what you do. Publicity from product launches, funding announcements, partnerships, and grand openings can attract new customers through social media channels.
You can gain a competitive edge by creating a powerful image for your brand and company that is consistent across multiple media channels. Doing so enables you to build a sustainable, long-lasting relationship with people who might purchase from you now or in the future.