This surge was notably driven by an increase in user activity in the Asia Pacific region and the rest of the world, which respectively saw a rise of approximately 25 million and 16 million monthly active users.
This ongoing growth underscores the unwavering momentum of social media, signaling a trend that businesses can't afford to ignore.
As the digital ecosystem continues to expand and transform, it's imperative for enterprises to adapt and reorient their social media strategies to keep pace.
After all, this is where a high proportion of their clients, workforce, partners, and potential talent are likely to be investing their time, making it a critical area of focus.
To help enterprises navigate the world of social media, we have compiled a list of eight best practices for social media management.
- Developing a social media strategy is crucial for effective social media management.
- Social media isn't going away anytime soon
- The ongling digital growth of social media makes it a critical area of focus
Understanding Social Media
With billions of active users on various social media platforms, it is a cost-effective way to communicate with customers, manage brand reputation, and stay ahead of competitors.
Organizations can use social media to create and share engaging content, monitor and respond to customer feedback, and build relationships with influencers and stakeholders.
A critical aspect of social media is to maintain transparency and authenticity and ensure that the information shared is accurate and truthful.
When social media engagement goes wrong, there is a reputational and financial impact as this recent case shows. An off-the-cuff remark about why cash wasn't accepted resulted in 1,400 mostly negative comments.
Best Practices for Social Media Engagement
Social media engagement is a crucial aspect of a successful social media strategy as it refers to the level of interaction between a brand and its followers on social media platforms.
Here are some best practices for social media engagement:
- Understanding your target audience is the first step towards creating engaging content. Research your audience to learn about their demographics, interests, and behavior.
- Use videos to showcase your products, share behind-the-scenes glimpses of your business, or create how-to tutorials.
- Encourage your followers to engage with your content by asking questions, running polls, or hosting Q&As.
- Responding to comments and messages promptly shows your followers that you value their opinions and are interested in their feedback.
- Different social media platforms have different strengths and weaknesses. Use each platform's unique features to create engaging content that resonates with your audience.
- Track engagement metrics to see what's working and what's not. Sometimes it's purely accidental for a post to go 'mega vi' (mega viral).
- Create content (text and video) that resonates with your target audience.
- Experiment with infographics, short clips, long videos, and then double down on the content that engages best.
Guidelines for Social Media
Social media is a great tool to reach out to target audiences, and it is essential to have well-defined guidelines in place to ensure that the use of social media is consistent, professional, and sophisticated.
These ensure that employees know what is expected of them when using social media and should include explicit instructions on how to use social media and what the policies are should these be misued or ignored.
Eight PR specializes in working with technology, financial services, and legal clients to help them stand out from the competition.
From media relations to content development, corporate reputation management to thought leadership programmes, and digital communications, we've got you covered. Our goal is simple: to empower your business with all things PR and help you succeed.